Grit bin empty
Reported via desktop in the Grit bin issue category anonymously at 07:31, Thursday 11 February 2021
Sent to Bath and North East Somerset Council less than a minute later. Council ref: 2539173.
The grit bin is empty. Water constantly runs off the field above onto a steep hill. In cold weather the road is genuinely treacherous.
Thank you for your report, it will be reviewed by the appropriate team.
State changed to: In progress
Posted by Systems Team at 07:31, Thursday 11 February 2021
We understand that the Council have advised that the problem of water run off from the field located on the corner and then freezing is not under their jurisdiction. Please can we request road signage to warn pedestrians and vehicle users of the danger. With lockdown in place footfall at this site is very high. The corner is lethal. Someone will be injured if action is not taken. Please fill the grit bin - grit is having to be spread ar least twice a day.
Posted anonymously at 08:55, Saturday 13 February 2021
There are 2 issues we request you consider:
1) Grit bin empty - currently used twice daily
2) Water runs off fields above the corner of lane (requires appropriate drainage) leading to dangerous sliding mud/ice (today). This poses difficulty to vehicle passage (no current through route for vehicles including emergency vehicles) and pedestrians (common walking route to Solsbury Hill).
We have concern that a pedestrian would fall on this corner (despite residents gritting twice per day (water/mud constant from fields)) and no emergency vehicle would be able to access to evacuate either residents or walkers.
Currently residents are gritting to ensure the recycling lorries can access (travelling down from Eagle Rd as we imaging that, if they came earlier, would be unable to travel up Seven Acres Lane).
1) Re-filling the grit bin as soon as possible
2) Planning drainage option for the corner of the lane to prevent mud-slides and water (ice) making this lane impassable to cars/pedestrians
3) Plan adequate signage to warn vehicles and pedestrians before attempted passage of the lane
Thank you for your soon concern of this matter during this busy and difficult time.
Dr Jayne McKinlay, 21 Seven Acres Lane
Posted anonymously at 21:46, Saturday 13 February 2021
Still open, via questionnaire, 17:05, Monday 22 March 2021
Still open, via questionnaire, 07:26, Sunday 25 April 2021
Provide an update